Your Ad Here

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

I've decided to write this blog as a guide to being a vagabond. To start off what is a vagabond? Well it's pretty much like being homeless by choice. It's a little better off depending on where you are and how many people you know but at the end of the day it all depends on what you have in the pack on your back and the life choices that you made.

I wanted to share my experiences, stories, and help anyone thinking about being a future vagabond. It's a hard life but it's an experience I wouldn't give up for anything. This blog will consist of guides to surviving the streets for the night, where to eat, and how to stay clean. I'll also add in some stories of my own life, that I've heard, and hopefully people will send me in their own life experiences that I can help them share. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to add a quote I think you might like concerning the vagabond's lifestyle. It's from Chris McCandless, from the book "Into the Wild."

    "So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, nothing is more awakening then having to live day to day. The best times of my life have came from my vagabonding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've been planning on trying something like this someday, and hopefully this helps. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete